Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My office has color!

Yes, you read that right, I FINALLY painted our office! While most people choose to sit around the pool and bbq over the July 4th weekend, I was hard at work Saturday painting. It was a long day, but I am very pleased with the outcome - yay color! I chose the color "Wythe Blue" by Ben Moore, but opted to buy Lowe's brand of paint, Valspar, to be on the cheap side. That may have been my only big mistake. I ended up using close to three gallons of paint. I think if I had gone with the better quality, Ben Moore, it might have been different. I think the root of all evil turned out to be the walls themselves. Unfortunately all the walls in our home are textured, therefore getting paint to cover every nook and cranny took a lot of rolling.

First up was taping around the windows and french doors. I used green Frog Tape, which was awesome, I highly recommend it.


Next I cut in along the ceiling, around the windows and the wall joints. I wasn’t planning on taping along the floorboards, but after painting around the ceiling I quickly learned taping would be the best option – and I’m so happy I did. The frog tape created a clean, crisp edge.


I used a roller for the walls, and ended up painting two full coats, then touched up some missed spots. I removed the tape, let it all dry over night, and voila! It feels so nice to have a little color in our all beige house. --DS


No comments:

Post a Comment